Bleeding Gums? Read a Detailed Guide About Gum Disease & Diagnose Today!
- Category: Blogs
- Published: Thursday, 05 November 2020 12:04
- Hits: 282
You may have seen an advertisement about teeth sensitivity or gum diseases. These are the most common issues people encounter with, no matter how old you are, it can happen to you at any stage. This is why consulting dental clinic in satellite regularly is required.
Anyway! Whether you know any of the best dentist in satellite or not, before detecting the issue, read out a full guide about gum diseases.
Do you experience gum bleeding constantly or frequently without any injury? This is a suspicious sign. You might have gum disease. See, what actually it is, are you exactly suffering from it, what are the symptoms, and how to get recovered from it – every answer in this guide.
Gum disease is also defined as periodontal disease which is the infection of the gums surrounding the teeth. It is amongst the main reasons of tooth loss and it is a very common dental problem that people come up with. There are mainly two types of gum diseases –
1. Gingivitis and
Doctors recommend that gum diseases can be easily controlled by following good oral hygiene and regular visit to dentists.
What causes gum disease?
Bacteria in our mouth combine with mucus and generate a sticky and colourless teeth substance which is called plaque. With proper brushing and flossing, such plaque can be removed permanently. If proper oral hygiene is not maintained, then this plaque gets harder and forms tartar that can be difficult that can’t be removed by brushing. In such a case, a person needs to consult a dentist for tartar removal and if not removed properly then it will lead to gum diseases.
There can be many risk factors that cause gum disease. Smoking is one of the most prominent factors that is a reason behind gum disease. Some other factors that become the reason for gum disease are hormonal changes in females, diabetes, genetic susceptibility, AIDS-like illness, or some other oral health issues.
Symptoms of gum disease
- Sensitivity in teeth
- Loose teeth
- Red, swollen, and tender gums
- Change in bite
- Bleeding gums frequently
- Pain while chewing or biting food
- Odorous smell while breathing
How doctors diagnose gum issue?
- Dentists first examine the gums and look for inflammation signs.
- They use a probe to check and measure the effects around the teeth.
- They include a proper medical history of the patient before sinking into the matter.
- They take an X-ray of teeth to detect bone loss or any other mouth damage.
How does the dentist treat gum disease?
- The treatment starts with controlling the infection and it continues until the disease gets under control. Through root planning and scaling, they remove the tartar present on the teeth. They gave instructions to the patient about maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- The dentist may prescribe antiseptic mouthwash and antibiotics to control the inflammation.
- In a few cases, surgical procedures like tissue grafting or flap surgery become a necessity.
Once you start medication under the dental clinic in Satellite, make sure to brush twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. Properly follow oral hygiene and teeth flossing to prevent gum disease.
And, never forget to consult the dentist on a regular basis to diminish the gum disease from roots.
Original Posted at Blogger